All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ugh.

Yeah... that point based balancing thing I mentioned... not gonna happen.

Cecil kills them all... according to my templates there is no reason in the world why someone with a magic keyword should have 1600 defense, but I feel like he isn't going to be broken in the actual game. Oh well, I guess that's what play testing is for, right?

In other news, all of the characters are done. Whew!

For anyone that wants to know what the playtest decks will contain, here's what I've decided.

30x characters
3x Cure
3x Raise
3x Protect
3x Fire
3x Blizzard
3x Thunder
4x Potion (you can use any # of the item cards, the 3 card limit does not apply)
4x Phoenix Down
4x Ether
1x Ifrit
1x Shiva
1x Bahamut
1x Ramuh

Then the location/relic deck, these are still being worked out, but trust they will be done soon.

I might post a couple cards up soon, and explain my thoughts about them...

2 comments:

  1. hey, how's the game coming along? I'm curious to see how it develops! It's often tough to get rules and gameplay mechanics to balance properly, especially when designing the game from an original concept like you are. Don't give up!

    Sorry about the late reply to your post on my site. I agree, it's a funny coincidence that we both decided to create blogs at the same time, on different hosting sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brinelol.
    I've been a little busy, but I've been working on the game in my spare time.
    The support is appreciated, I really want this to be kickass, so if you have any comments or what not, they are totally welcome!

    ReplyDelete