All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Monday, March 22, 2010

So...wtf is going on with the game?

Even though the last update was pretty recent, all 3 of you that read this blog may have noticed that there was no mention of the demo deck.

I've decided to take it a step further and release an entire set instead of just one deck. That way I'll release the cards one at a time as playsets like I planned, and you guys can make decks yourselves. Eventually, I will make a demo deck, but until then, you shouldn't have to wait until I make one I'm satisfied with for you to play.

16 year old girls : Oh, what will I wear for my first date?!
Me : Oh, what will I put in this demo deck.

You get the idea.

Expect the first card soon... really soon.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see some updates, and a lot of them, to boot!

    Muddling my way through the state of the game, would you say your previous breakdown of the game rules is still accurate?

    http://fftcg.blogspot.com/2009/05/whew-finally.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm happy to hear your feedback!

    The rules have changed somewhat, but are generally the same. Check this out:
    http://fftcg.blogspot.com/2009/06/be-all-that-you-can-be.html

    http://fftcg.blogspot.com/2009/11/reference-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said you had troubles settling on demo decks, was it primarily character choices?

    Back here (http://fftcg.blogspot.com/2009/04/ugh.html) you seemed to have a standard breakdown decided. Has that stayed consistent with your play testing, and how long before the unspoiled components (items, relics) will see the light of the blogosphere?

    Apologies if I sound demanding - I'm chomping at the bit to give a test run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a playtest in awhile, so it would be awesome to give it a test run!

    I scrapped the decks because I didn't feel there was enough to differentiate the characters. Expanding on the descriptors and class specific stuff should remedy this.

    Within the next day or so, I will make up printable files for the cards I've done in the new template.

    There are around 17 broken down evenly through the classes, so the characters will be covered.

    I'll post a suggested deck template and you can make the demo deck yourself!

    It'll be wild, really.

    I'll also post the proposed setlist for you to see.

    ReplyDelete