All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Oh GAWD! It's back!

Did you miss me?
Bet you thought the game was done for.

In a way it is, all of the old files are lost, but I'm just going to re-do them. I've got a new template now though, so all it is is a matter of plugging in the art, text, and values.

Dry your tears, the demo is ON! Expect it soon. I never did get the OK to do the last card, so I'll have to sub it out.

In the meantime, let me show you a new card (with the new template)

Photobucket

Yuffie at her best. I love how Xaphania's piece transfers perfectly to card form. Great colors, and dear god... Yuffie being Yuffie. If I hadn't played the game, judging by a lot of the art I see, Yuffie would be as emo as Squall.

Check out Xaphania's site at xXaphaniax.deviantart.com. Definitely worth the look, she has a very distinct style, and doesn't limit herself to one type of art. Lots of fan-art, original characters, chibi art, also lots of line-art, which I thought was pretty cool. It's nice to see the in-between phase of art, being an aspiring artist myself.

(Though you probably wont see my art in the game, I don't think the world is ready for that yet :P )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cardwise, I'd like to think Yuffie is interesting. Thanks to her near-infinite materia collection, at the cost of 1 card, Yuffie can temporarily fulfill any role you need: Black mage, white mage, counter attacks, even...summon. For her versatility alone, I think Yuffie will be seen in a lot of decks, especially as new traits come out for her to create combos off of. She is somewhat weak though, being in the lower tier of strength as far as ranged characters go. She can't take out the average ranged character without help from equipment. However, her ability helps protect her from spells, which may offset this penalty.

So what do you think of Yuffie? The template? Let me know, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment