All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'd like to be your guardian...

Photobucket

As much as I like the anime style of most FF fanart, I'm a huge fan of this piece. I thought it was kind of weird seeing Auron in Kingdom Hearts along with Mickey and Sora, he's so out of place. I really like the traditional look, it makes him look like that much more of a badass.

This is the guy that has been keeping me up at night. So far, he is the only character in the game with base stats that break 1600. (Until a certain sasquatch pal is made)

The problem is the defense, high attack is great, but high defense can be pretty frustrating to come across. (Originally, I had items that would add to defense as well as attack, the defense ones ended up getting cut out because they would create near impenetrable characters. Can you imagine this guy with 2000 def -_-)The only character that can defeat him head on is Setzer, but that's at a high cost.

I think the negative ability does a good job of balancing him, if he's losing he can still be abusive, but if he helps you win, he goes away for good. (well almost...)
Still, I doubt there will be a deck that wont run 3 of him, so I'm implementing a helpful, yet potentially annoying rule with the game.

Back when I was playing the UFS card game, they had a tournament rule called "diversity" where only the top player of each character could advance in the tourney. It was a good rule to have, because some of the characters in that game were just stupid... (it wasn't uncommon to see like 6 Nakorurus a tourney.)

I've adapted that in a way for this game... In fftcg, only one copy of a single character can be in play at the same time on either side. I'm not sure if I want this to extend to alternate versions of characters as well, but we'll see.

Check out more of Abishai's work at http://abishai.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment