All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leaders pt.2

Photobucket

Yeah, so, let me break you out of that last rules snoozefest with another card. This is a design I just did really quick of the leader cards. That little map you see is Ivalice from FFTactics (which needs to be represented in this game somehow. I'm sure I'll get to work on Tactics characters soon, I just want to get the basic game down.) I thought it would be neat to add the heraldry of the white and black lions from the story. I know text-wise this looks pretty complicated, but I'll roll with it, it doesn't seem complicated enough to be convoluted.

And along with this new card, I have a redone version of an old friend...
Photobucket

See how beefy he got? Due to the team-up rule given to the leader card, I don't feel as bad about giving him mega-defense, because if anyone deserves that, Cecil does.

Also notice the orange aura around his ability title. This tells you that the ability is a leader-only ability, and is only usable when Cecil is the leader. A modest price to pay for his defense increase.

(Another reason Cecil was updated is because he was broken beyond belief, his prior ability read "While Cecil is in play, characters in your back row may not be attacked"
... get it? Just stick him in the back row, and your opponent can't do shit to you without completely obliterating your front line. Now he reads a much more sensible "While Cecil is in your front row...")

2 comments:

  1. awesome job clearing up that ownage Cecil had going. and making it a leader-only ability is another great change. this would make Cecil's ability a lot like Locke's ability in the sense of it only works if he is the leader.

    make more areas! more relics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, of course.

    Areas and Relics are on the way. I think I need to rebalance a few of the locations, but the relics should come soon.

    ReplyDelete