All fan-art obtained for this project is used only with the express permission of the artists.
If you really like some of the art or have questions, please contact the artist directly through their site.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Setlist

For all those who are wondering, here is a card spoiler for the first set. Names in bold are cards that I feel are up to playtest status as of now. As I create new cards, I will update this list, and add links to the downloads here as well.

1.Amarant
2.Auron
3.Basch
4.Cecil
5.Cloud
6.Edgar
7.Kain
8.Khimari
9.Lightning
10.Tifa
11.Umaro
12.Zell
13.Balthier
14.Edge
15.Edward
16.Irvine
17.Locke
18.Rikku
19.Sazh
20.Setzer
21.Tidus
22.Vincent
23.Yuffie
24.Zidane
25.Aeris
26.Cait Sith
27.Lulu
28.Palom
29.Penelo
30.Porom
31.Relm
32.Rinoa
33.Terra
34.Vanille
35.Vivi
36.Yuna
37.Aegis Shield
38.Black Robe
39.Gold Hairpin
40.Koutetsu
41.Long Sword
42.Leather Armor
43.Mage Rod
44.Orrachea Amulet
45.Power Wrist
46.Shuriken
47.Silver Hammer
48.Summoner Staff
49.Thief Glove
50.Wild Chocobo
51.Zephyr Cape
52.Bio
53.Blizzard
54.Fire
55.Thunder
56.Toad
57.Cure
58.Dispel
59.Haste
60.Protect
61.Raise
62.Ether
63.Phoenix Down
64.Potion
65.Bahamut
66.Shiva
67.Besaid/Blitzball
68.Dollet/Gunblade
69.Mako Reactor/Masamune
70.Mt. Ordeals/Mythgraven Blade
71.The Auction House/Magicite
72.Zozo/Chainsaw


So, if there's a card here you want to see that I haven't revealed already, let me know and I'll do a write-up on it here.

8 comments:

  1. A nice, well rounded list.

    As flashy as characters are, I admit I'm most curious to see more of the relics - Masamune and Magicite most of all.

    Following that, I started listing off which unrevealed characters I wanted to see most and realized I had listem them all, heh. Guess that means you've made popular choices for the initial set!

    Can't wait for the make-your-own-demo release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the input. I put the relics you asked for up. The relic template is still somewhat in the WIP stage, but it's good enough to playtest with.

    I'm starting to put up card playsets for download in the right margin now. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been putting forth a lot of effort recently - almost didn't recognize the page at first!

    Looking good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matt! Who knows? You might even be able to play it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see Rinoa and Yuna. those are both my favorite final fantasy females.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! Hey, you got it.

    I'll do a write-up on Yuna as soon as I can.

    Honestly, even though she's in the set, I'm not comfortable enough in my knowledge of Rinoa to do a card on her yet. (I haven't played through FFVIII since it came out) Only thing I really remember of Rinoa is how much of a beast Angelo was, especially in the final battle, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say Rinoa has a few developing stages to her character.

    Early Rinoa is very fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants. This is emphasized when she uses connections with Cid to hire Squall for her rag-tag resistance group, the Forest Owls. "You guys plop down on the floor to discuss strategy?" I kind of got the sense that while she had her heart in the right place resisting Galbadia, she was taking up a role of leadership that was nowhere near suited for her.

    This version of Rinoa could allow some sort of risky manuever that only works when she is Leader, or possibly a haphazard sort of recruitment effect. I see her with rogue roots, possibly fighter.

    Then, there is the Sorceress Rinoa - a strong magic/summon type of character. The drawback in game is her sorceress lineage made her susceptible to the will of Ultemecia, who even took control at points. Not sure how to examine this within the confines of the rules, though.

    Other versions of Rinoa could typify her awkward position as daughter of a Galbadian general (not sure if there's enough theme there to base off of) or her relationship with Squall (too limited of a combo?).

    And, of course, as you mentioned, Angelo would be an incredible Ally/Equipment card when attached to any version of Rinoa, most likely in Counter form (invincibility would be a bit of a power jump).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for the heads up! It's funny, even despite your in-depth description, no bells are ringing. It's funny, I remember Zell, Squall, Irvine, and Quistis like the back of my hand, but not a damn thing for Rinoa.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete